Features and Applications of HAWACH Glass Fiber Extraction Thimbles
As we know, there are three commonly used extraction thimble, cellulose, glass fiber, and Quartz fiber extraction thimbles. Today, the main focus is on glass fiber extraction thimbles. The glass fiber extraction thimble is made of 100% borosilicate glass fiber and includes two types: chemically inert without adhesive and adhesive. The addition of a binder is to enhance the mechanical strength of the glass fiber membrane, which is mainly used to filter coarse particles (such as macromolecular substances, dust).
In order to avoid chemical reactions with the filtered substances, when filtering organic substances, choose the glass fiber extraction thimble with the inorganic binder, and when filtering inorganic substances, choose the glass fiber extraction thimble with an organic binder. This kind of depth extraction thimble has the characteristics of fast flow rate, large load force, and extremely small retained particles, which can reach the range of submicron particles.
HAWACH glass fiber extraction thimble
HAWACH glass fiber extraction thimble has a capillary fiber structure, which can absorb more water than the same cellulose filter membrane. It is non-hygroscopic and biologically inert. In addition to hydrofluoric acid and high-concentration acid-base solutions, it is resistant to most solvents and the reagents are chemically resistant, making it suitable for spot analysis and liquid scintillation counting methods and can be made completely transparent for subsequent microscopic inspection.
HAWACH’s glass fiber extraction thimble can withstand a temperature of 600°C and can be used for specific gravity analysis and high-temperature gas filtration that require burning. HAWACH can provide a variety of extraction thimbles for your choice.
Features of glass fiber extraction thimble
1. It is able to retain fine particles, fast flow rate, high load capacity
2. Under the same particle retention, the entire filtration rate is faster than cellulose. The filter membrane is thicker and has a strong load capacity.
3. The retention rate of fine particles is higher, the flow rate is fast, and the load force is extremely high. Because of its strict 0.6μm-0.8μm particle retention and pure borosilicate structure.
4. Strong mechanical stability, temperature resistance up to 600℃.
Usage of glass fiber extraction thimble
1. HAWACH glass fiber extraction thimble can be used in Soxhlet extraction, when the temperature is higher than 120℃, strong acid and other cellulose filter cartridges cannot be tried.
Soxhlet extraction mainly depends on the similarity of the properties of the target substance and the solvent. The extractant can be CS2, benzene, methanol, etc.
The usual practice is to carry out multi-stage extraction of the extractant in the order of different polarities, thereby improving the extraction purity of the product; extracting different types of substances separately.
2. It can be used for stationary pollution source detection.
3. It can be used for high-efficiency conventional filtration, including waste water pollution detection, used for filtered water, algae and bacterial culture, food analysis, protein filtration, and weak beta emitter radioimmunoassay, recommended for air pollution monitoring in particulate matter weight measurement, chimney sampling, and adsorption, etc.
4. It is used to retain fine particles and has a fast flow rate. It is especially suitable for processing samples with the high suspension of fine particles in liquid clarification or particle quantification. It can be used for pre-filtration of fine particles before membrane filtration, as a stationary phase in LSC (liquid solid chromatography), and protein binding.
5. It is used to collect suspended solids in drinking water, natural water, and industrial wastewater. Quickly and effectively clarify aqueous solutions containing small to medium fine particles. When a higher load is required, it is widely used in cell collection, liquid scintillation counting, and binding assays.
6. It is often used for DNA binding, adsorption and purification, protein binding, and filtering small precipitated proteins. It can be used as a pre-filtration membrane when combined with other products to purify biochemical solutions, fluids, and nucleic acids that are extremely difficult to clarify.